XStream EFS New Features
EditShare XStream EFS storage with its combination of EditShare File System (EFS) and innovative hardware is uniquely tailored for the post-production environment with core features delivering a resilient, high-performance storage platform:
- Single namespace – expands with additional storage
- Non-disruptive scalability to 5PB+ with millions of assets
- Distributed file system with multiple levels of hardware redundancy
- High availability options for reduced downtime
- Native Client connection for enhanced bandwidth performance
At IBC 2016 we will showcase the latest XStream EFS storage release adding further enterprise storage functionality that increases versatility and security:
- Node Groups: Now an EFS cluster can be configured with a mix of capacity and technology including SSDs for high data rate content and SATA HDDs for cost-efficient, performance storage
- File Protection: Administrators can choose from a variety of new file protection mechanisms to match content value and storage cost
- EFS Storage Goals: Users can allocate dedicated storage resources and file protection to individual departments or workgroups, ideal for managing enterprise environments
- File-per-frame Enhancements: The latest release expands optimization support for file-per-frame media including DPX, DNG (CinemaDNG), EXR (OpenEXR), CRI (Cintel), R3D (RedRAW), TIFF and RAW formats
- New HDD Options: EditShare has just completed qualification of our first 8TB HDD, which provides 33% more storage than we have ever offered before
More details on this latest XStream EFS release can be found on our website.
For a complete overview of the XStream EFS storage platform please download the new EFS brochure.