The world’s leading high-end compositing tool reboots with array of exciting new features, including updated VFX Reference Platform, a powerful collaborative workflow for Nuke Studio, and much more.
Creative software developer, Foundry, today launches Nuke and Hiero 11.0, the next major release for the Nuke family of products including Nuke, NukeX, Nuke Studio, Hiero and HieroPlayer.
Building on its reputation as the world’s leading high-end compositing tool, Nuke and Hiero 11.0 align with industry standards and introduce a host of features and updates that will boost artist performance
Key features for this release include:
- VFX Reference Platform 2017: The Nuke family is being updated to VFX Platform 2017, which includes several major updates to key libraries used within Nuke, including Python, Pyside and Qt.
- Live Groups: Introduces a new type of group node which offers a powerful new collaborative workflow for sharing work among artists. Live Groups referenced in other scripts automatically update when a script is loaded, without the need to render intermediate stages.
- Frame Server in Nuke and NukeX: Nuke Studio’s intelligent background rendering is now available in Nuke and NukeX. The Frame Server takes advantage of available resource on your local machine, enabling you to continue working while rendering is happening in the background.
- New Lens Distortion in NukeX: The LensDistortion node has been completely revamped, with added support for fisheye and wide-angle lenses and the ability to use multiple frames to produce better results. It is now also GPU-enabled.
- Timeline Disk Cache in Nuke Studio: Nuke Studio now has new GPU accelerated disk caching that allows users to cache part or all of a sequence to disk for smoother playback of more complex sequences.
Jody Madden, Chief Product and Customer Officer at Foundry, commented:
“We’re delighted to announce the release of Nuke and Hiero 11.0 with new workflows for artist collaboration and a renewed focus on industry standards. Nuke, NukeX and Nuke Studio continue to be the go-to industry tools for compositing, editorial and review tasks, and we’re confident these updates will continue to provide performance improvements and further increase artist efficiency.”
More information and videos on the new version may be found on The Foundry website: https://www.foundry.com/products/nuke/new-releases
The Media Village is pleased to include mLogic to our list of solution partners. Their flagship product, mTape is the world’s first and only certified Thunderbolt LTO-7 archiving solution available today. Read More
LTO technology was first introduced in 2000 and is currently in it’s seventh generation. LTO-7 specifications support tape cartridge storage uncompressed capacity of up to 6TB, which is why it is an attractive data archive option for media companies, who face an ever increasing challenge to cope with the amount of data that is needs to be managed. Read More
The Media Village is pleased to present Gamma 8 from Accusys, an 8-bay Thunderbolt 3 storage designed for 4k workflows, with a maximum performance of 2,600 MB/s when configured with SSD drives. Read More
Market leading EFS platform provides rock solid reliability and scalability for cost effectively managing asset parking and disaster recovery
Fremont, California, USA – July 20, 2017 – Blackmagic Design today announced the new Cintel Audio and KeyKode Reader accessory for its Cintel Film Scanner, which lets customers scan audio and KeyKode information along with images from the scanner, all in realtime. The new audio and KeyKode reader accessory is available for US$3,495 from Blackmagic Design resellers worldwide.
Standalone and software-only media asset management, integrated QC workflows, and parking storage solutions make the IBC must-see list
DM Series monitors now come equipped with FSI’s 3rd Generation Focus Assist. Key improvements found in this new focus assist feature include:
- Smooth realtime performance with absolutely no lag that works in both normal and fast processing modes
- Industry-leading adjustability of focus assist sensitivity and focus trace weight
- Adjustable focus assist color: select from white, black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, and cyan
- All adjustments are made from rotary knobs, no need to access menu for changes
- Ability to show focus assist on downstream displays using DM Series processed monitor outputs
3rd Generation Focus assist is available as a part of free firmware update 1.1.04-2223 for DM Series monitors available here. This firmware update also features the following changes:
- Detection and display of PsF signals as progressive has been fully automated
- Adds Fast Mode support for 4:4:4 signals
- Adds Fast Mode support for PsF signals displayed as progressive on screen
- Adds New Custom Marker: Oxygen
- Resolves DM240 Fast Mode bugs (flashing white dot in lower left of screen and image shifting 1 line lower).
BoxIO Utility Open Beta Update 0.19.4b
BoxIO Utility Public Beta build 0.19.4b is now available for download and features the following improvements:
- Device slots can now be deleted
- Device slot number 1, previously permanently labeled BoxIO #1, can now be renamed
- Software now protects against multiple ScopeStream windows being opened for a single device, which may have led to unpredictable behavior in previous build
- Various error checking to prevent unwanted disconnects when attempting to access unsupported behaviors
- Connection status now shows “connecting” with ability to cancel action if needed as opposed to waiting for timeout
- Learn more about the advanced ScopeStream capability now featured in the latest BoxIO Utility Beta Releases: