The Media Village is pleased to include mLogic to our list of solution partners. Their flagship product, mTape is the world’s first and only certified Thunderbolt LTO-7 archiving solution available today.
Many media production companies have shelves or cupboards full of hard disks which contain backup copies of their raw camera data or finished projects. Moving to an LTO-based archive would be a viable option for them, both in terms of costs and reliability.
What is mTape’s Thunderbolt LTO-7 solution?
- Desktop Thunderbolt LTO-7 tape drive certified by Apple & Intel
- 6 TB native storage capacity per tape cartridge
- LTO tape has a 30+ year shelf life – Significantly longer than hard drives
- Up to 300 MB/second data transfer rate
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports
- Reads and writes to both LTO 6 & 7 tapes, reads LTO 5 tapes
- SAS port enables writing to two or more LTO drives simultaneously*
- Compact, portable form-factor
- DC powered – Enables use in any environment
- LTFS utility mounts mTape like a hard drive for drag & drop functionality
- macOS and Windows compatible
- Ships complete with LT0-7 tape, Cleaning tape and Thunderbolt cable
LTO made easy. Just connect to a computer with a Thunderbolt port.
mTape Thunderbolt revolutionizes LTO, enabling users to easily connect LTO-7 technology to portable, desktop and all-in-one computers that feature Thunderbolt connectivity. Dead simple. Another mLogic first.
LTO tape offers a shelf-life of 30+ years and a reliability level that exceeds what is achievable with spinning disk and solid state drive technology. mTape is the ultimate archiving solution to safeguard important digital media for the long term. And LTO tape is not only more reliable than disk, but much more cost effective.
Hello LTFS. Drag. Drop.
mTape supports the Linear Tape File System (LTFS). With LTFS, mTape mounts just like a hard disk with drag and drop functionality.
Backup. Archive. Manage. Works with your favorite software.
mTape is compatible with industry leading LTO archiving and media management software for macOS and Windows including:
- Axle Video – Axle
- Archiware – P5
- Imagine Products – PreRoll Post
- Pomfort – Silverstack XT
- Square Box – CatDV
- StorageDNA – DNAevolution
- XenData – XenData 6 Workstation
- YoYotta – YoYottaID LTFS
Innovative Design. Solid engineering.
mTape features a compact form-factor design with aluminum construction that is ideal for mobile applications. And mTape is DC powered enabling the unit to be used in virtually any environment, be it in the studio or a remote location.
“Providing an LTO tape drive solution with Thunderbolt connectivity offers creative professionals a high-speed, plug and play solution to securely backup and archive large amounts of digital media,” said Jason Ziller, Marketing Director for Thunderbolt, Intel. “mLogic’s mTape with Thunderbolt dramatically simplifies the process of safeguarding content produced in today’s file-based workflows.”
* Requires third party software supporting this feature
Special Bundle Offer
For a limited period, mTape Thunderbolt LTO-7 comes bundled with YoYottaID LTFS software for MacOS for FREE!
Note the following:
- All mLogic products can be attached to the new MacBook Pro using the Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter.
- All mLogic products can be attached to Windows PCs featuring Thunderbolt 3 using the StarTech.com Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and more detailed information
- Interface: 2x Thunderbolt 2 ports, SAS pass through port
- Tape Drive: IBM LTO-7, LTFS Compatible
- System Requirements:
- Mac or Windows PC with Thunderbolt port
- For systems with Thunderbolt 3, an adapter is required:
- Mac Adapter | PC Adapter
- Compatible backup/archive software
- Size: 11.5 x 8 x 4″/ 29.2 x 20.3 x 10.2 cm
- Weight: 8.75 lb / 4 kg
- What’s in the Box?
- mTape with LTO-7 tape drive
- Fujifilm LTO-7 tape cartridge
- Fujifilm Universal Cleaning cartridge
- 1 meter Thunderbolt cable
- Universal power adapter
- Standard 2-year factory warranty
- Extend Warranty to 3-years