mTape Thunderbolt 3 LTO-8 Archiving Solution Desktop Thunderbolt LTO-8 tape drive certified by Apple & Intel Up to 12 TB native storage capacity per tape cartridge LTO tape has a 30+ year shelf life – Significantly longer than hard drives Up to 300 MB/second data transfer rate Dual Thunderbolt 3 ports Reads and writes to both LTO-8 & LTO-7 tapes Compact, portable form-factor DC powered – Enables use in any environment Includes Hedge Canister LTFS app for macOS – a […]
mTape Thunderbolt 3 LTO-8 Archiving Solution
- Desktop Thunderbolt LTO-8 tape drive certified by Apple & Intel
- Up to 12 TB native storage capacity per tape cartridge
- LTO tape has a 30+ year shelf life – Significantly longer than hard drives
- Up to 300 MB/second data transfer rate
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Reads and writes to both LTO-8 & LTO-7 tapes
- Compact, portable form-factor
- DC powered – Enables use in any environment
- Includes Hedge Canister LTFS app for macOS – a $299 value!
- Ships complete with cleaning tape and Thunderbolt 3 cable
LTO made easy. Just connect to a computer with a Thunderbolt port.
mTape Thunderbolt revolutionizes LTO, enabling users to easily connect LTO-8 technology to portable, desktop and all-in-one computers that feature Thunderbolt connectivity. Dead simple. Another mLogic first.
LTO tape offers a shelf-life of 30+ years and a reliability level that exceeds what is achievable with spinning disk and solid state drive technology. mTape is the ultimate archiving solution to safeguard important digital media for the long term. And LTO tape is not only more reliable than disk, but much more cost effective.
Hello LTFS. Drag. Drop.
mTape ships with Hedge Canister – a $299 value! Canister is a simple drag & drop Linear Tape File System (LTFS) archiving and retrieve app for macOS.
- Makes industry standard LTFS tapes
- True drag & drop archiving/retrieve for macOS (Big Sur compatible)
- Supports archiving to a single LTO or to two LTOs simultaneously
- xxHash64 verification ensures an exact replica of your source is copied to LTO
- Catalogs are created for every tape – retrieving files is simple!
- Catalogs mount as a network drive and are fully searchable by Finder
- Generates Transfer logs, Media Hash List and Manifests
- In app Console
Click below for video tutorials on using Hedge Canister..
mLogic Support YouTube Channel
Learn more about the Linear Tape File System (LTFS).
Backup. Archive. Manage. Works with your favorite software.
mTape is compatible with industry leading LTO archiving and media management software for macOS and Windows including:
- axle ai
- Archiware – P5
- Imagine Products – PreRoll Post
- Pomfort – Silverstack XT
- Square Box – CatDV
- StorageDNA – DNA Evolution
- XenData – XenData 6 Workstation
- YoYotta – YoYotta LTFS
Innovative Design. Solid engineering.
mTape features a compact form-factor design with aluminum construction that is ideal for mobile applications. And mTape is DC powered enabling the unit to be used in virtually any environment, be it in the studio or a remote location.
“Not only do we use our mLogic LTO solutions for network footage delivery, but we use them to maintain our own in-house project and media archive. For years we had kept double hard drive backups of all of our digital media and projects, spending tens of thousands of dollars in hard drives a year. When we switched to LTO for our backups, our storage costs dropped dramatically, and we gained a much more reliable long-term storage medium. The mLogic LTO solutions, combined with YoYotta’s LTO database software make it easy to create fast, accurate, and network approved LTO tapes so we always know where our footage is when we need it.”
– DEREK KLEIN, Director of Technology, T Group Productions, Culver City, CA“Providing an LTO tape drive solution with Thunderbolt connectivity offers creative professionals a high-speed, plug and play solution to securely backup and archive large amounts of digital media,” said Jason Ziller, Marketing Director for Thunderbolt, Intel. “mLogic’s mTape with Thunderbolt dramatically simplifies the process of safeguarding content produced in today’s file-based workflows.”
|Interface:||2x Thunderbolt 3 ports|
|Tape Drive:||IBM LTO-8, LTFS Compatible|
|System Requirements:||Mac or Windows PC with Thunderbolt port|
|Size:||11.5 x 8 x 4″/ 29.2 x 20.3 x 10.2 cm|
|Weight:||8.75 lb / 4 kg|
|What’s in the Box?|| mTape with LTO-8 tape drive|
Fujifilm Universal Cleaning Cartridge
1 meter Thunderbolt 3 cable
Universal power adapter
Hedge Canister license for macOS