When Media ASYLUM was launched in 2012, one of its’ main objective was to work with trainers and organisations who would be able to offer a high standard of training to production and post production professionals in Singapore.
With that objective in mind, the first partnership we established was with Australian colorist Warren Eagles and the International Colorist Academy (ICA). Warren is a founding member of the ICA, along with fellow colorist Kevin Shaw, who is based in London.
As Warren recalls, “The ICA has partnered with Media Asylum since we founded the company in 2009. The Media ASYLUM training room is fantastic! The set up and equipment are second to none and provide for a great learning experience. Student lunches and after class visits to local post houses really compliment the training.”
Together with several other experienced colorists and post production veterans, the ICA delivers regular hands-on colorist and post production related training courses in Los Angeles, New York, London, Sydney and in Singapore, through its’ partnership with Media ASYLUM.
In December 2017, Blackmagic Design announced the first course under their new DaVinci Resolve Training and Certification program.
Known as ‘Introduction to Resolve 14 (101)’, this is a 3-day course, covering the various aspects of DaVinci Resolve; editing, colour correction and audio; and includes the official Blackmagic Design end-user exam. Read More
The latest version of the FSI IP Remote utility is now available for DM series monitor and BoxIO users. It features enhanced functionality that allows you to easily resize ScopeStream windows and adjust scope trace color.
Flanders Scientific has announced that the upcoming XM550U will become the XM650U!
Why the name change? Because this large format monitor will be released with a bigger, better, and brighter OLED panel than previewed on our early 55” prototypes. This means you’ll get over 38% more screen area while also benefiting from key performance improvements across the board. Learn more about the XM650U at FlandersScientific.com
Here’s an example of the awesome work that our customers do with the systems we supply them.
See how ABS-CBN and Central Digital Lab give new life to classic Filipino films, using tools such as the Blackmagic Cintel Film Scanner, DaVinci Resolve and Phoenix Film Restoration software from Digital Vision. Read the full article from SPOT.ph here.
Featured Image from SPOT.ph, credited to Elaine Villanueva
Fremont, California, USA – July 20, 2017 – Blackmagic Design today announced the new Cintel Audio and KeyKode Reader accessory for its Cintel Film Scanner, which lets customers scan audio and KeyKode information along with images from the scanner, all in realtime. The new audio and KeyKode reader accessory is available for US$3,495 from Blackmagic Design resellers worldwide.
DM Series monitors now come equipped with FSI’s 3rd Generation Focus Assist. Key improvements found in this new focus assist feature include:
- Smooth realtime performance with absolutely no lag that works in both normal and fast processing modes
- Industry-leading adjustability of focus assist sensitivity and focus trace weight
- Adjustable focus assist color: select from white, black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, and cyan
- All adjustments are made from rotary knobs, no need to access menu for changes
- Ability to show focus assist on downstream displays using DM Series processed monitor outputs
3rd Generation Focus assist is available as a part of free firmware update 1.1.04-2223 for DM Series monitors available here. This firmware update also features the following changes:
- Detection and display of PsF signals as progressive has been fully automated
- Adds Fast Mode support for 4:4:4 signals
- Adds Fast Mode support for PsF signals displayed as progressive on screen
- Adds New Custom Marker: Oxygen
- Resolves DM240 Fast Mode bugs (flashing white dot in lower left of screen and image shifting 1 line lower).
BoxIO Utility Open Beta Update 0.19.4b
BoxIO Utility Public Beta build 0.19.4b is now available for download and features the following improvements:
- Device slots can now be deleted
- Device slot number 1, previously permanently labeled BoxIO #1, can now be renamed
- Software now protects against multiple ScopeStream windows being opened for a single device, which may have led to unpredictable behavior in previous build
- Various error checking to prevent unwanted disconnects when attempting to access unsupported behaviors
- Connection status now shows “connecting” with ability to cancel action if needed as opposed to waiting for timeout
- Learn more about the advanced ScopeStream capability now featured in the latest BoxIO Utility Beta Releases:
Shemaroo is the latest media powerhouse in Asia to make EditShare XStream EFS the media foundation for its film and TV program content
BoxIO’s new ScopeStream capability, first announced at NAB 2017, is now available as part of a public beta release of the updated BoxIO Utility application and BoxIO firmware.
The updated utility allows multiple BoxIO devices to be connected, each supporting its own real-time Waveform and/or VectorScope stream.
We characterize BoxIO as an Advanced Color Management device because it is more than just a LUT box and ScopeStream is another great illustration of that point. With a single device you can apply LUTs in real-time, take full resolution frame grabs, view waveform and vector scope, and a whole lot more. Best of all, you get all of these capabilities for a price that is comparable to devices that do little more than just apply a LUT.
-Bram Desmet, CEO/GM Flanders Scientific, Inc.
The Media Village is pleased to return to Broadcast Asia (Booth #6G4-04)!
Date: 23 – 25 May, Tuesday – Thursday
Venue: Level 3 to 6, Suntec Singapore
Opening Hours: 10.30am – 6pm daily
Do take note that the show has moved back to Suntec Singapore this year and is no longer held at the Marina Bay Sands Convention Centre.
Once again, The Media Village will be showcasing the latest updates and releases from a host of our leading edge partners.