INTERNATIONAL COLORIST ACADEMY CERTIFIED COURSES
INTRODUCTION TO COLORIST STRATEGIES
20 – 22 August 2018 | US$1,680
- A 3-day class based on the colour module within DaVinci Resolve 15, this introductory course is for anyone interested in the craft of the colorist.
- Ideal for editors, DPs, DITs, VFX artists and anyone with a desire to learn more about color grading.
ADVANCED COLOR WORKFLOWS
23 – 24 August 2018 | US$1,280
- A 2-day course based on the colour module within DaVinci Resolve 15, this advanced course builds on the knowledge acquired from Colorist Strategies and deals with topics like camera raw workflows, LUTs, working with animated shapes and keyframes, secondary grading with 3D keyers, advanced colorist techniques etc.
- Ideal for anyone wishing to widen and hone their colorists skills
LOOKS & MATCHING MASTERCLASS
25 – 26 August 2018 | US$1,280
- Attendees must have at least 1-year of color grading experience or have attended either and Introductory or Advanced course from the International Colorist Academy
- Using footage that represent different TV and film genres, with a variety of camera sources (Sony F3, Arri Alexa, BMD URSA etc), this 2-day, hands-on course explores the creation and matching of a range of ‘looks’. Student discussion and role playing is included and participants are encouraged to bring their own footage.
SPECIAL TRAINING BUNDLES
BUNDLE 1: ‘Introduction to DaVinci Resolve 15’ plus ‘Introduction to Colorist Strategies’
Sign up for both courses at a special bundle price of US$880
BUNDLE 2: ‘International Colorist Academy’ Bundle.
Save US$1,300 when you sign up for Introduction to Colorist Strategies’ plus
Advanced Color Workflows’ and/or ‘Looks & Matching Masterclass’
Singaporeans & Singapore Permanent Residents who qualify for the iMDA Talent Grant (Training) scheme may get up to 90% subsidy off the training fees for the following courses:
- Advanced Color Workflows
- Looks & Matching Masterclass
- ICA Bundle
Contact Media ASYLUM for more details
The XM310K is the brightest commercially available professional HDR monitor in the world with an astonishing peak luminance in excess of 3,000cd/m2. Flanders Scientific started accepting orders for the XM310K a few weeks ago and is happy to announce that the first deliveries are happening this week.
Mixing Light Interview
We sat down with Robbie Carman of Mixing Light to discuss HDR Mastering, the XM310K, and the challenges of grading at high nit values.
You can listen to the interview here.
Colorfront is a developer of award-winning on-set dailies and transcoding systems which are utilized by small, medium and large companies alike, to process and deliver media for Hollywood blockbusters, high-end episodic TV and OTT internet entertainment.
It will be making it’s debut appearance at Broadcast Asia 2018 with The Media Village, its reseller for the Southeast Asian region. On show at BCA2018, booth #6H4-04, is their flagship product, Transkoder. Read More
VHQ POST (S) PTE LTD in Singapore, a leading content house devoted to the art of storytelling, announced that they are making a significant investment in professional grade UHD monitoring by purchasing seven XM650U monitors.
Once again, The Media Village is pleased to have Flanders Scientific at our booth at Broadcast Asia 2018 with an exciting lineup of monitors catering to a range of requirements, from HD to 4k, including a range of solutions for HDR preview, monitoring and mastering. On the floor show at Broadcast Asia:
- XM310K – 31″ 4K Mastering Monitor
- XM650U – 65″ UHD OLED
- DM240 – 24″ 10-bit LCD
- DM250 – 24.5” 10-bit OLED
Bram Desmet, CEO of Flanders Scientific will be at the booth throughout the show to answer any questions you have on their displays or on how HDR will
Bram will also speak at the Innovation Hub, on Level 6 of Suntec Singapore from 12:20pm – 12:40pm on Thursday, 28 June 2018. He will be presenting on the topic of “HDR, Wide Color Gamut and UHD / 4K Monitoring Past, Present and Future”.
Visit The Media Village and Flanders Scientific at Broadcast Asia #6H4-04, Level 6, Suntec Singapore.
Flanders Scientific has announced that the upcoming XM550U will become the XM650U!
Why the name change? Because this large format monitor will be released with a bigger, better, and brighter OLED panel than previewed on our early 55” prototypes. This means you’ll get over 38% more screen area while also benefiting from key performance improvements across the board. Learn more about the XM650U at FlandersScientific.com
Basingstoke, UK — September 22, 2017 – EditShare®, a technology leader in intelligent shared storage and media management solutions, closed out IBC2017 with two prestigious industry awards: an IABM ‘Design & Innovation’ Award and a TV Tech Global ‘Best of Show’ Award for its new XStream EFS Single-Node scale-out shared storage solution. Read More
The IP Remote Utility provides useful toggles and controls for management of your AM, BM, CM, and DM series monitors as well as BoxIO units.
Quickly change operation mode and channel settings, load LUTs to BoxIO to toggle On & Off quickly, Update Firmware, Manage BoxIO IP addresses and WiFi settings, and capture frames at full resolution that can be saved instantly as a .JPG, .BMP, or BoxIO .RAW image.
Many features require the use of BoxIO Firmware 1.51 or newer. You can find updated firmware here.
Control AM, BM, CM, and DM series function keys, menu keys, and quickly switch inputs.
On DM series monitors, capture frames at full resolution that can be saved instantly as a .JPG, .BMP, or BoxIO .RAW image.
The world’s first real-time Waveform and Vectorscope transmitted directly from your BoxIO or DM series monitor to your computer with no additional equipment needed. Simply connect your DM series monitor and computer to the same network and use the IP Remote Utility.
The Foundry and The Media Village are proud to present the ‘2017 NUKE 11 Southeast Asian Tour’, with a special presentation in Singapore on Tuesday, 3 October 2017.
We have 2 very special guest speakers in town:
Paul Kirwan of Rising Sun Pictures
Paul Kirwan is a compostitor, broadcast designer, instructor and VFX expert with 20 years experience in the production of high-end photo-real imagery. He has contributed to blockcuster Hollywood films (X-men, Gravity, Transformers, Lord of the Rings, Titanic) as well as award-winning Broadcast Design and television commercial projects.
Roy Yang of The Foundry
Roy has worked for the top VFX houses in the industry, including Rhythm & Hues, Digital Domain, and Method Studios. His work includes blockbuster films such as Thor, Wrath of the Titans and Night at the Museum.
Date: Tue, October 3, 2017
Time: 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Venue: Screening Room, 12 Ann Siang Road, Level 2, Singapore, 069692
IBC is underway in Amsterdam and Flanders Scientific have some fantastic updates, with new products, capabilities and prototypes making their IBC debut.
XM310K First Look
Announced at NAB 2017 and making an appearance at IBC is the brand new XM310K.
- 31″ 4K monitor
- 4096 x 2160 native resolution
- HDR reference mastering monitor
- Support for multiple HDR formats
- 2,000 cd/m2 peak luminance
- 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio
See more information and specifications now at FlandersScientific.com/XM310K.
XM550U Production Model on Display
Also making its debut at NAB 2017, a production model of the new XM550U is now on show at IBC.
- 55″ UHD Monitor
- 3840×2160 UHD native resolution
- OLED panel
- SDR Mastering Monitor
- HDR Preview Monitor
- Supports 12G, 6G, and Quad 3G SDI connections
See more information and specifications now at FlandersScientific.com/XM550U.
New DM Series Features
The DM series monitors have seen some great new features added to them, including Customizable Multi-Color Waveform and 3rd Generation Focus Assist.
Can’t make it to IBC? You can find videos highlighting these functions and other popular features such as PAP and Adjustable LUM Coloring at FSI’s Vlog page at FlandersScientific.com/vlog/.
Here’s an example, showcasing one of the latest features, Side-by-Side Monitoring Overview. FSI’s unique live side-by-side monitoring feature allows for mixed formats, mixed frame rates, and even mixed input types to be viewed together in PAP, PIP, or POP configurations.
New Lower Price on DM170
The incredibly powerful 16.5″ DM170 has a new list price of just $3,495*
- Reference Grade 16.5″ 10bit panel
- Wide Gamut Capable (100% P3 Coverage)
- 3G/HD/SD-SDI inputs and outputs
- Connects directly to your favorite on set grading applications (internal / real-time LUT box)
- Ultra power-efficient @ just 23 Watts
- Durable construction with all metal chassis and optional gorilla glass screen protector
- Lightweight and portable (8 lbs / 3.6 kg)
- Features 3rd Gen Focus Assist, ScopeStream, Adjustable
- Exposure Check, new Multi-Color Real Time Waveform
*US List price. Asian price varies with shipping, etc.
Email us for more information & pricing.