All new FSI monitors now support 47.95, 48, 50, 59.94, and 60P 2K signals. These are standardized signal formats users may encounter, but are often unsupported on other display devices. These additional frame rates are in addition to previously supported 2K formats making FSI monitors some of the most robust in terms of 2K signal support. Read More
Basingstoke, UK — September 22, 2017 – EditShare®, a technology leader in intelligent shared storage and media management solutions, closed out IBC2017 with two prestigious industry awards: an IABM ‘Design & Innovation’ Award and a TV Tech Global ‘Best of Show’ Award for its new XStream EFS Single-Node scale-out shared storage solution. Read More
The IP Remote Utility provides useful toggles and controls for management of your AM, BM, CM, and DM series monitors as well as BoxIO units.
Quickly change operation mode and channel settings, load LUTs to BoxIO to toggle On & Off quickly, Update Firmware, Manage BoxIO IP addresses and WiFi settings, and capture frames at full resolution that can be saved instantly as a .JPG, .BMP, or BoxIO .RAW image.
Many features require the use of BoxIO Firmware 1.51 or newer. You can find updated firmware here.
Control AM, BM, CM, and DM series function keys, menu keys, and quickly switch inputs.
On DM series monitors, capture frames at full resolution that can be saved instantly as a .JPG, .BMP, or BoxIO .RAW image.
The world’s first real-time Waveform and Vectorscope transmitted directly from your BoxIO or DM series monitor to your computer with no additional equipment needed. Simply connect your DM series monitor and computer to the same network and use the IP Remote Utility.
The Foundry and The Media Village are proud to present the ‘2017 NUKE 11 Southeast Asian Tour’, with a special presentation in Singapore on Tuesday, 3 October 2017.
We have 2 very special guest speakers in town:
Paul Kirwan of Rising Sun Pictures
Paul Kirwan is a compostitor, broadcast designer, instructor and VFX expert with 20 years experience in the production of high-end photo-real imagery. He has contributed to blockcuster Hollywood films (X-men, Gravity, Transformers, Lord of the Rings, Titanic) as well as award-winning Broadcast Design and television commercial projects.
Roy Yang of The Foundry
Roy has worked for the top VFX houses in the industry, including Rhythm & Hues, Digital Domain, and Method Studios. His work includes blockbuster films such as Thor, Wrath of the Titans and Night at the Museum.
Date: Tue, October 3, 2017
Time: 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Venue: Screening Room, 12 Ann Siang Road, Level 2, Singapore, 069692
IBC is underway in Amsterdam and Flanders Scientific have some fantastic updates, with new products, capabilities and prototypes making their IBC debut.
XM310K First Look
Announced at NAB 2017 and making an appearance at IBC is the brand new XM310K.
- 31″ 4K monitor
- 4096 x 2160 native resolution
- HDR reference mastering monitor
- Support for multiple HDR formats
- 2,000 cd/m2 peak luminance
- 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio
See more information and specifications now at FlandersScientific.com/XM310K.
XM550U Production Model on Display
Also making its debut at NAB 2017, a production model of the new XM550U is now on show at IBC.
- 55″ UHD Monitor
- 3840×2160 UHD native resolution
- OLED panel
- SDR Mastering Monitor
- HDR Preview Monitor
- Supports 12G, 6G, and Quad 3G SDI connections
See more information and specifications now at FlandersScientific.com/XM550U.
New DM Series Features
The DM series monitors have seen some great new features added to them, including Customizable Multi-Color Waveform and 3rd Generation Focus Assist.
Can’t make it to IBC? You can find videos highlighting these functions and other popular features such as PAP and Adjustable LUM Coloring at FSI’s Vlog page at FlandersScientific.com/vlog/.
Here’s an example, showcasing one of the latest features, Side-by-Side Monitoring Overview. FSI’s unique live side-by-side monitoring feature allows for mixed formats, mixed frame rates, and even mixed input types to be viewed together in PAP, PIP, or POP configurations.
New Lower Price on DM170
The incredibly powerful 16.5″ DM170 has a new list price of just $3,495*
- Reference Grade 16.5″ 10bit panel
- Wide Gamut Capable (100% P3 Coverage)
- 3G/HD/SD-SDI inputs and outputs
- Connects directly to your favorite on set grading applications (internal / real-time LUT box)
- Ultra power-efficient @ just 23 Watts
- Durable construction with all metal chassis and optional gorilla glass screen protector
- Lightweight and portable (8 lbs / 3.6 kg)
- Features 3rd Gen Focus Assist, ScopeStream, Adjustable
- Exposure Check, new Multi-Color Real Time Waveform
*US List price. Asian price varies with shipping, etc.
Email us for more information & pricing.
Due to start on 18th September 2017, this promotion will run for two weeks only… so make sure you don’t miss out!
Join Blackmagic Design for a presentation of the newly launched Fusion 9 on Tuesday, 26 September 2017 , from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm at SCAPE GALLERY Read More
Here’s an example of the awesome work that our customers do with the systems we supply them.
See how ABS-CBN and Central Digital Lab give new life to classic Filipino films, using tools such as the Blackmagic Cintel Film Scanner, DaVinci Resolve and Phoenix Film Restoration software from Digital Vision. Read the full article from SPOT.ph here.
Featured Image from SPOT.ph, credited to Elaine Villanueva
The world’s leading high-end compositing tool reboots with array of exciting new features, including updated VFX Reference Platform, a powerful collaborative workflow for Nuke Studio, and much more.
Creative software developer, Foundry, today launches Nuke and Hiero 11.0, the next major release for the Nuke family of products including Nuke, NukeX, Nuke Studio, Hiero and HieroPlayer.
Building on its reputation as the world’s leading high-end compositing tool, Nuke and Hiero 11.0 align with industry standards and introduce a host of features and updates that will boost artist performance
Key features for this release include:
- VFX Reference Platform 2017: The Nuke family is being updated to VFX Platform 2017, which includes several major updates to key libraries used within Nuke, including Python, Pyside and Qt.
- Live Groups: Introduces a new type of group node which offers a powerful new collaborative workflow for sharing work among artists. Live Groups referenced in other scripts automatically update when a script is loaded, without the need to render intermediate stages.
- Frame Server in Nuke and NukeX: Nuke Studio’s intelligent background rendering is now available in Nuke and NukeX. The Frame Server takes advantage of available resource on your local machine, enabling you to continue working while rendering is happening in the background.
- New Lens Distortion in NukeX: The LensDistortion node has been completely revamped, with added support for fisheye and wide-angle lenses and the ability to use multiple frames to produce better results. It is now also GPU-enabled.
- Timeline Disk Cache in Nuke Studio: Nuke Studio now has new GPU accelerated disk caching that allows users to cache part or all of a sequence to disk for smoother playback of more complex sequences.
Jody Madden, Chief Product and Customer Officer at Foundry, commented:
“We’re delighted to announce the release of Nuke and Hiero 11.0 with new workflows for artist collaboration and a renewed focus on industry standards. Nuke, NukeX and Nuke Studio continue to be the go-to industry tools for compositing, editorial and review tasks, and we’re confident these updates will continue to provide performance improvements and further increase artist efficiency.”
More information and videos on the new version may be found on The Foundry website: https://www.foundry.com/products/nuke/new-releases