VHQ POST (S) PTE LTD in Singapore, a leading content house devoted to the art of storytelling, announced that they are making a significant investment in professional grade UHD monitoring by purchasing seven XM650U monitors.
Once again, The Media Village is pleased to have Flanders Scientific at our booth at Broadcast Asia 2018 with an exciting lineup of monitors catering to a range of requirements, from HD to 4k, including a range of solutions for HDR preview, monitoring and mastering. On the floor show at Broadcast Asia:
- XM310K – 31″ 4K Mastering Monitor
- XM650U – 65″ UHD OLED
- DM240 – 24″ 10-bit LCD
- DM250 – 24.5” 10-bit OLED
Bram Desmet, CEO of Flanders Scientific will be at the booth throughout the show to answer any questions you have on their displays or on how HDR will
Bram will also speak at the Innovation Hub, on Level 6 of Suntec Singapore from 12:20pm – 12:40pm on Thursday, 28 June 2018. He will be presenting on the topic of “HDR, Wide Color Gamut and UHD / 4K Monitoring Past, Present and Future”.
Visit The Media Village and Flanders Scientific at Broadcast Asia #6H4-04, Level 6, Suntec Singapore.
The latest version of the FSI IP Remote utility is now available for DM series monitor and BoxIO users. It features enhanced functionality that allows you to easily resize ScopeStream windows and adjust scope trace color.
Flanders Scientific has announced that the upcoming XM550U will become the XM650U!
Why the name change? Because this large format monitor will be released with a bigger, better, and brighter OLED panel than previewed on our early 55” prototypes. This means you’ll get over 38% more screen area while also benefiting from key performance improvements across the board. Learn more about the XM650U at FlandersScientific.com
All new FSI monitors now support 47.95, 48, 50, 59.94, and 60P 2K signals. These are standardized signal formats users may encounter, but are often unsupported on other display devices. These additional frame rates are in addition to previously supported 2K formats making FSI monitors some of the most robust in terms of 2K signal support. Read More
The IP Remote Utility provides useful toggles and controls for management of your AM, BM, CM, and DM series monitors as well as BoxIO units.
Quickly change operation mode and channel settings, load LUTs to BoxIO to toggle On & Off quickly, Update Firmware, Manage BoxIO IP addresses and WiFi settings, and capture frames at full resolution that can be saved instantly as a .JPG, .BMP, or BoxIO .RAW image.
Many features require the use of BoxIO Firmware 1.51 or newer. You can find updated firmware here.
Control AM, BM, CM, and DM series function keys, menu keys, and quickly switch inputs.
On DM series monitors, capture frames at full resolution that can be saved instantly as a .JPG, .BMP, or BoxIO .RAW image.
The world’s first real-time Waveform and Vectorscope transmitted directly from your BoxIO or DM series monitor to your computer with no additional equipment needed. Simply connect your DM series monitor and computer to the same network and use the IP Remote Utility.
IBC is underway in Amsterdam and Flanders Scientific have some fantastic updates, with new products, capabilities and prototypes making their IBC debut.
XM310K First Look
Announced at NAB 2017 and making an appearance at IBC is the brand new XM310K.
- 31″ 4K monitor
- 4096 x 2160 native resolution
- HDR reference mastering monitor
- Support for multiple HDR formats
- 2,000 cd/m2 peak luminance
- 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio
See more information and specifications now at FlandersScientific.com/XM310K.
XM550U Production Model on Display
Also making its debut at NAB 2017, a production model of the new XM550U is now on show at IBC.
- 55″ UHD Monitor
- 3840×2160 UHD native resolution
- OLED panel
- SDR Mastering Monitor
- HDR Preview Monitor
- Supports 12G, 6G, and Quad 3G SDI connections
See more information and specifications now at FlandersScientific.com/XM550U.
New DM Series Features
The DM series monitors have seen some great new features added to them, including Customizable Multi-Color Waveform and 3rd Generation Focus Assist.
Can’t make it to IBC? You can find videos highlighting these functions and other popular features such as PAP and Adjustable LUM Coloring at FSI’s Vlog page at FlandersScientific.com/vlog/.
Here’s an example, showcasing one of the latest features, Side-by-Side Monitoring Overview. FSI’s unique live side-by-side monitoring feature allows for mixed formats, mixed frame rates, and even mixed input types to be viewed together in PAP, PIP, or POP configurations.
New Lower Price on DM170
The incredibly powerful 16.5″ DM170 has a new list price of just $3,495*
- Reference Grade 16.5″ 10bit panel
- Wide Gamut Capable (100% P3 Coverage)
- 3G/HD/SD-SDI inputs and outputs
- Connects directly to your favorite on set grading applications (internal / real-time LUT box)
- Ultra power-efficient @ just 23 Watts
- Durable construction with all metal chassis and optional gorilla glass screen protector
- Lightweight and portable (8 lbs / 3.6 kg)
- Features 3rd Gen Focus Assist, ScopeStream, Adjustable
- Exposure Check, new Multi-Color Real Time Waveform
*US List price. Asian price varies with shipping, etc.
Email us for more information & pricing.
DM Series monitors now come equipped with FSI’s 3rd Generation Focus Assist. Key improvements found in this new focus assist feature include:
- Smooth realtime performance with absolutely no lag that works in both normal and fast processing modes
- Industry-leading adjustability of focus assist sensitivity and focus trace weight
- Adjustable focus assist color: select from white, black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, and cyan
- All adjustments are made from rotary knobs, no need to access menu for changes
- Ability to show focus assist on downstream displays using DM Series processed monitor outputs
3rd Generation Focus assist is available as a part of free firmware update 1.1.04-2223 for DM Series monitors available here. This firmware update also features the following changes:
- Detection and display of PsF signals as progressive has been fully automated
- Adds Fast Mode support for 4:4:4 signals
- Adds Fast Mode support for PsF signals displayed as progressive on screen
- Adds New Custom Marker: Oxygen
- Resolves DM240 Fast Mode bugs (flashing white dot in lower left of screen and image shifting 1 line lower).
BoxIO Utility Open Beta Update 0.19.4b
BoxIO Utility Public Beta build 0.19.4b is now available for download and features the following improvements:
- Device slots can now be deleted
- Device slot number 1, previously permanently labeled BoxIO #1, can now be renamed
- Software now protects against multiple ScopeStream windows being opened for a single device, which may have led to unpredictable behavior in previous build
- Various error checking to prevent unwanted disconnects when attempting to access unsupported behaviors
- Connection status now shows “connecting” with ability to cancel action if needed as opposed to waiting for timeout
- Learn more about the advanced ScopeStream capability now featured in the latest BoxIO Utility Beta Releases:
The ScopeStream beta for BoxIO was released 2 weeks ago and FSI is pleased to follow that today with the public beta of ScopeStream for DM series monitors.
DM170, DM240, and DM250 monitor owners can now stream real-time Waveform and Vectorscope from their monitor to any connected Mac or PC. A highlight of ScopeStream is that video analysis happens on the display itself so scopes run as a low-load operation only requiring the computer to draw out the scope trace data being sent back.
“Many monitors offer built-in Waveform and Vectorscope, but showing these typically requires overlaying your reference image or clunky solutions like scaling your image to a non-native size to make room for scopes. Standalone scopes can be a great alternative, but these can be costly and for production environments mean transporting yet another piece of equipment. ScopeStream aims to address these challenges by allowing real-time Waveform and Vectorscope to be monitored on any connected computer without the need for additional equipment or expense.”
-Bram Desmet, CEO/GM Flanders Scientific, Inc.
The beta monitor firmware and utility application updates can be downloaded from FlandersScientific.com.